Labels

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

problem with derailleur lever/rod connection


My problem is that there does not seem to be any way to secure the connection between the lever and the bolt shown in the bottom of this picture


Here is the bolt in question. I removed it from the lever via the brass nut. As I recall, it took a fair bit of force (by hand only) to twist  the bolt assembly off the rod. At the time of removal I did not think about how exactly it was attached.




Here is the cleaned up bolt assembly. It now slides up and down the rod, and I do not think the derailleur will work unless I can secure it to the rod.


I posted a request for assistance and a link to this posting on the comments section of the Bicycle Specialties blog post that mentions working on one of these bikes.

UPDATE - It turns out that this bolt is not one piece as I thought, but that it works just like any fender bolt, in that the nut pushes the washer onto the rod. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment