Labels

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Bottom Bracked Fixed cup install

First I cleaned the spindle. This is it after removing the hard, baked-on grease.

Then I chased the threads using my Campagnolo 721 BB tap set. French threaded. Forgot to take any photos, so this is the cleaned threads when I finished.

Barnetts recommends locktite 242 (medium thread lock) for the fixed cup. Given the French drive side is a right-hand thread, and will be loosened by cycling (unlike British and Italian), this seems doubly important. I couldn't find locktite thread locker at the hardware store, but got this instead.

Used the VAR BP-03000 tool to install the BB cup. I used the tool to make it as tight as my meager strength would allow. Hopefully this and the thread-locker will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment