Labels

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Left Pedel reassembly

The pedal soaked in a bucket of evapo-rust overnight.

Here are the parts out of the evapo-rust after a quick wipe down. (the other pedal is in the background)


 This is the cone on the pedal. You can see a hole in the race, and part of the race actually seems to have dissappeared. (I also found what looked like 1/2 a ball bearing when I dis-assembled it). I went to 2 bike stores to try and find a replacement but no luck. I did get a lead on a place about an hours drive away that recycles old parts, so I will try that later this week.
 Repacked using new 5/32" ball bearings.

and lots of grease

before the top layer of grease was added.

finished left pedal next to the right pedal (which is in the evapo-rust bucket now)

right pedal 

finished left pedal

No comments:

Post a Comment